Job #: LNF-55409
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 4, 2019
The Senior Web Strategist, Developer and Data Architect will proactively deliver intranet and consumer website planning, design, production, deployment, maintenance and enhancement services in support of Anne Arundel Medical Center’s (AAMC) marketing strategy. S/He will develop plans to address and support various departmental needs as they pertain to digital strategy. The Senior Web Strategist, Developer and Data Architect is responsible for organizing content for a site-to-site migration using website content management systems (i.e. Ektron, WordPress, and more). The individual values education and continuing changing to meet the growing needs of our expanding health system as well as continually changing online communications and data delivery technologies. Along with providing holistic, critical support for intranet and consumer website product delivery, the(Web Strategist and Data Architect) helps digital strategy initiatives around e-mail, marketing automation, customer relationship management (CRM) platforms, content management system platforms, social media channels, and other digital communication and data resources, and helps to determine how these integrate into intranet and consumer website strategies to deliver a holistic online used experience that supports fulfillment of organizational strategic goals. The individual understands both marketing and internal communications, and has exceptional strategic planning and tactical leadership skills capable of driving the production and enhancement of industry leading online communication and data delivery products. All work activities take place in AAMC locations across the Annapolis, MD. campus, satellite locations in Maryland, and other community venues. There are instances where support services will need to be delivered beyond normal business hours as well as online, at a variety of times both day and night.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets with client stakeholders to gather and document their content requirements. Works with stakeholders, internal and external strategists to author new content. Develops and conducts website, content and database audits formulated to optimize the manner in which websites fulfill localized and AAMC-wide strategic goals and comply with web standards.
- Supports database development and integration into websites and online applications including but not limited to SQL programming.
- Tracks assets, components and links of the website.
- Coordinates the development or re-purposing of content to support the new designs and page layouts.
- Creates or updates documentation as necessary to support clients (e.g., style guide, content creation guide, etc.)
- Hands on with receiving changes, updating content and preparing multimedia (text, graphics, photos, audio, and video) content for presentation on webpages and in online interactive data delivery applications.
- Provides leadership in the planning and execution of accessibility and quality assurance testing for online websites and interactive data delivery applications.
- Conducts website audits on content and functionality for future updates, build outs, site enhancements, and/or site growth/migrations.
- Develops great familiarity with the requirements and components of each website section as needed. Develops a deep understanding of Ektron and can use templates and widgets to create dynamic sites for the health system.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- Five years of professional experience providing strategy development and technical production leadership for internal and public websites and date delivery platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.