Company Name: Calvert School
Calvert School, an independent lower and middle school, is searching for a Multimedia Specialist to work in its small, but busy Communications Department. Calvert School is located in Tuscany-Canterbury, a residential neighborhood in Baltimore City, just north of Johns Hopkins University and south of Loyola University Maryland, accessible from Charles Street and I-83.
The Multimedia Specialist will work under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Communications and responsibilities will include the following duties:
- Maintain and contribute to the Calvert School website by creating and updating content, calendar events, news stories, photo galleries, and videos. Ensures consistency of branding across all multimedia channels.
- Curate content for all of the school’s social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and LinkedIn. This includes planning content, monitoring conversations, and evaluating analytics.
- Create, develop, and produce a variety of content for a variety of platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful while promoting a consistent and favorable image of the school.
- Design and produce material for all departments of the school which may include invitations, print-based advertisements, flyers, logos, and other materials needed.
- Work with outside designers and printers to oversee all printed items for the School.
- Serve as the school’s photographer and videographer to document events, sports, and other activities throughout the school year.
- Attend school assemblies and events, which may require some evening and weekend work.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or other related field with three to five years of related experience. Graphic design, web design, photography, and video experience is preferred. Must have excellent writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills, and the ability to work with independence in dealing with the diverse elements of the academic environment. This position requires absolute confidentiality and professionalism. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud products, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Premier is required. Experience with Blackbaud products is preferred.
Calvert School offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, prescription, dental, life, disability, and retirement plans. Generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave is also offered. A State of Maryland and FBI background check will be performed.
Interested candidates should send a resume, including salary history, to:
HR@CalvertSchoolMD.org (preferred method)
Calvert School – HR Dept.
105 Tuscany Road
Baltimore, MD 21210