Maintain a clean, safe, fast, friendly, and fun environment for all guests, team members and company assets. The focus shall always be on ensuring a safe and comfortable environment, while maintaining a positive can-do attitude with an emphasis on the highest level of guest service for both external and internal guests to Maryland Live! Casino.
The Multimedia Design Specialist is responsible for all on-property digital signage, including scheduling and maintenance of the content management system. Oversee and project manage digital creative development. In addition, this position would be responsible for creating art for a variety of printed materials, such as newsletters, marketing collateral, print ads, flyers and other POS collateral. Ideal candidate is skilled in Adobe Creative Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and other Windows and Mac-based computer software to assist with making layout (graphic and text) revisions, editing photos and vector drawing with an eye for detail. Highly creative individual. Great at developing concepts into completed high quality works. Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of graphics design principles, and various page layouts, illustration, and photographic editing software packages and web page design. Must be able to prioritize workload effectively as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines without compromising performance or accuracy.
- Responsible to the Advertising Manager for successful performance of assigned duties.
- Collaborate with other departments within MLC in reference to multimedia projects.
- Responsible for working alongside IT/AV department to keep systems functioning.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide top to bottom creative and technical understanding of digital on-property media.
- Maintain on-property Content Management System and relationships with vendors.
- Design marketing materials as needed, inclusive of web graphics, collateral, logos, print ads, and direct mail.
- Respond quickly to all in-house production needs, including quality control practices to ensure error-free products.
- Basic to intermediate level troubleshooting of software issues.
- Develop and manage schedules and reports on rotations, schedules and sponsor spends in relation to on-property signage.
- Editing/ Adjusting video to various formats.
- Basic to intermediate 2D/ 3D animation creation in various sizes.
- Must be able to speak to brand guidelines and assist in policing the MLC brand across all mediums.
- Stay up to date with latest design trends and design software on the market.
- Other duties as assigned.
METHODS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality relative to electronic media and results, advertising, financial data, casino policies, and marketing plans.
- Through various oral and written reports to the Advertising Manager.
- Through achievement of annual performance goals and quarterly check-ins.
- Overall effectiveness of Maryland Live! Casino with Digital Media and brand awareness via all mediums.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Organizational abilities demonstrated in design and development of digital media and design strategies.
- Public relations and customer service skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Establishing and adhering to metrics to measure digital media effectiveness.
- Ability to stay up to date with software training.
- Accuracy in completing assigned duties, paperwork, and reports in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal skills are required, and the ability to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi task and prioritize under tight deadlines
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under frequent time pressures in an interruptive environment.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Audio/Video/Digital Media
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Sitting 90% of the time; standing/walking 10% of the time.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media, Animation or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a high volume company or industry with a preference for the hospitality or entertainment industry.
- Experience with 2D multimedia or animation is preferred.
- Must have strong design skills and able to generate a project from concept to completion or work in concert with others.
- Must have advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Creative Cloud) including proficient knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, In Design, Flash with Action script 3.0, Acrobat, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder. At least intermediate experience with After Effects, Light room and Audition.
- Must have proficient knowledge of iMovie
- Web design experience preferred but not required (HTML/CSS)
- Competence in preparing files and using FTP to deliver to vendors
- Ability to operate a DSLR camera is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by Maryland Lottery Gaming Control Agency for the position.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- Fast-paced, interruptive office environment.
- Travel by car with occasional travel by plane.
- 24/7 high energy casino environment exposed to alcohol, bright lights, and noise. Casino is over 300,000 square feet and position must be able to move about to all areas with a sense of urgency.
- Work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
- Video Camera
- Digital Camera
- Copy machine
- Computer, Appropriate Software