Company Name: Baltimore Sun Media Group
Join Baltimore’s leading media company! The Baltimore Sun Media Group is seeking a driven and results orientated outside sales professional to join our sales team.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, rewarding and team oriented work environment
- Competitive base salary plus uncapped commission
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company match, flexible time off- paid vacation and personal days.
- Paid and ongoing training and opportunities for advancement
Baltimore Sun Media Group publishes The Baltimore Sun, baltimoresun.com, community newspapers and magazines, and a growing portfolio of targeted print and digital products. We provide targeted audiences through our diverse array of portfolio products and specialties, including digital advertising, mobile ads and SEO.
As Maryland’s #1 local news source, we reach ½ million adults daily, 32.3 million monthly page views & 5.7 million unique visitors.
To view our entire portfolio of solutions and products, please visit www.baltimoresunmediagroup.com
We are looking for a high-energy, self-motivated, aggressive and organized individual to join our multimedia sales team.
The right candidate will be able to cultivate and develop new business, assume sales and service responsibility for assigned accounts, develop and implement marketing/advertising solutions and provide exceptional customer service.
An uncompromising commitment to getting results and delivering customer satisfaction are a must. Success with new and existing accounts will be achieved by applying strategic solutions across the Baltimore Sun Media Group portfolio, capturing increased market share from competitors, and exceeding customer expectations in delivering desired results.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Liberal Arts or equivalent related experience in Marketing and/or Sales.
- Requires a minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in Sales or related field in online advertising.
- Analytical, highly motivated, persuasive, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to be flexible, have a broad product knowledge base, and to deal with a variety of demanding customers.
- Ability to communicate in a way that demonstrates respect for individual differences, crafting messages based on audience needs.
- Proficient selling, presentation, time management, computer and mentoring skills.
- Able to entertain and travel to customer sites and industry functions.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The Baltimore Sun Media Group is part of tronc, one of the most respected media companies in the world.
tronc, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRNC) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, tronc operates newsrooms in nine markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Newport News, Virginia’s Daily Press, Allentown, Pennsylvania’s The Morning Call, Hartford Courant, and The San Diego Union-Tribune. Our legacy of brands has earned a combined 94 Pulitzer Prizes and is committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
Our brands create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.
Please email your resume to our recruiter Laura Brown, email@example.com or apply online at the link below.