idfive is looking for a web developer to grow our development team. The ideal candidate will not only have the skills to make HTML/CSS/JS do acrobatics, but is also a decent person. idfive was recently named “A Best Place to Work” in Baltimore. This is because we take care of our team, do good work for our clients, know when to get serious about the business and when to relax and have a good time. If you have the technical chops and are looking for a good home, you must apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Expertly create pixel-perfect websites that exactly match supplied designs
- Create fully responsive “mobile first” websites that meet accessibility best practices
- Build modular “component” based websites
- Functional knowledge PHP
- Understand the principles of custom theme building for Drupal and/or WordPress
- Familiar with TWIG templating
- Familiar with Angular, VueJS or React
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- HTML with inside out knowledge of best practice semantics
- CSS and CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS etc.)
- CSS animations, with knowledge of SVG animations
- Build tools (ideally Webpack)
- Modular development patterns (OOCSS, BEM, SMACSS etc.)
- Version control (ideally GIT)
- Build pixel-perfect HTML pages that work across modern browsers and devices, and meet accessibility best practices.
- Cross-browser compatibility isn’t an option; it is required. Responsive design experience is a must.
- Implementing Content Management Systems on varying platforms such as WordPress, Drupal.
- Assisting in all parts of the project life cycle if other co-workers are slammed. Collaboration is an everyday component of idfive.
- Follow the Quality Control process on all projects.
- Three or more years of experience building responsive websites.
- Everyone at idfive is given a high level of freedom and flexibility in how they do their jobs, so it’s essential that the candidate be accountable and have high standards for themselves and their work. Innovation and new ideas are essential; we are looking for someone who will enhance our processes.
- We also value integrity, mutual respect, and a strong work ethic. While our work environment is flexible and easygoing, we expect everyone at idfive to work hard and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate should be proactive, detail-oriented, organized, personable, comfortable with a fast-paced, deadline-oriented atmosphere, and well-versed in marketing, advertising, and Web development.
- Excellent communication, writing, and problem-solving skills are mandatory. Multitasking and people skills are expected, as is an inherent drive to learn.
- Version control system experience. Must provide projects proofs from your previous works (we’ll ask for links for code reviews).
- The ideal candidate would also have experience in software development, UI development, or interaction design. User experience design and information architecture experience is a huge plus.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, design, or computer science.
This is a full time salaried position with benefits including excellent health, vision and dental coverage, stipends for public transportation, and bonuses. idfive also offers a 401K. Salary will range based on experience and skill.
In the past few years idfive was selected as a best place to work by Baltimore Magazine, nominated by the Baltimore Business Journal as a Best Place to Work, awarded for its company culture by SmartCEO and was added to the 2016, 2017, 2018 Inc 5,000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies. If this is the type of team you would be proud to be a part of then please apply. We’d love to meet you.
Submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Only the candidates who submit all three items will be considered for employment.