Founded in 2015, Kapowza is a small but mighty creative agency housed in the Natty Boh Tower within the Brewers Hill neighborhood of Baltimore. We believe in good design, good work and doing both for brands people care about.
Our clients range from non-profits, schools, startups, B2C and B2B companies, and everything in-between.
We’re looking for someone experienced in all facets of creating and managing commercial and advertising design. A real designer’s designer. Someone that lives and breathes this stuff.
What You’ll Do
A lot of designing. Everything from branding, print, web, motion graphics and the occasional truck or expo booth.
Design Leadership and Standards
Leading our team and our clients to bold new directions of design nirvana. Have we said “design” enough in this job post?
We’re looking for someone that’s been in advertising long enough to be bitter about it but isn’t. You should have at least 5 years of professional design experience (preferably at an agency) but you don’t have to have been an Art Director.
- Have a lot of opinions about print, digital, and interactive design
- Be able to speak and work InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop like you invented it and that crook Adobe stole it out from under you (Experience in After Effects is a plus)
- Have working knowledge of front-end web design and practices (CSS, WordPress, Webflow etc.)
- Be organized, methodical as well as inspired and creative
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and do anything to make the work great
- Take ownership of projects and self-manage workload and time
- Communicate a vision to a team as well as manage the production of that vision
- Contribute both visually and conceptually
- Not be a jerk
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com. Resumes without portfolios won’t be considered.
Kapowza is a proud equal opportunity employer.