Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
The Cyphers Agency, Inc., an award-winning, growing advertising agency in Crofton, Maryland seeks an Account Executive fully capable of leading account relationships. The ideal candidate is familiar with all aspects of maintaining clients and truly enjoys thinking and acting proactively and thinking strategically on behalf of clients.
A passion for the agency business and strategic marketing is important. Solid written and verbal communication skills, experience managing marketing budgets, developing campaigns and a strong presence in front of clients is critical. Our enthusiastic team of professionals works closely together – you’ll be an integral part of every facet of agency work: from creative, brand development and marketing strategy to direct client contact, research, PR, social media marketing, campaign planning, and execution.
Below describes the perfect candidate… but nobody’s perfect, so if you think you would be great at this and can show us why, please apply!
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing or communications.
- You have 2-4 years of agency experience (Account executive, coordinator/assistant preferred).
- Strategically minded, creative thinkers thrive in this position. You’ll need great strategic marketing instincts for big picture campaign development but also quick, problem-solving approaches to everyday challenges.
- You live for variety. You’ll be juggling several projects, big and small, so you should have experience with multi-tasking and tailoring your approach to the task at hand.
- The more organized and experienced you are at prioritizing several projects, the better you will be at this job!
- Meets regularly with Production Manager/Creative Director/Traffic Manager/Media/PR and Social Media team to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts.
- Receives client briefings. Fills out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients in the absence of Creative Director. Supports other client service team members in the same.
- Responsible for strategic development for their clients. Develops Client Brief for implementation.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in the preparation of client invoices, proposals, Marketing/Media/PR planning.
- Prepares weekly client status reports.
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
- Keeps apprised of the progress of clients’ projects through Production and Traffic Managers or other relevant personnel.
Why You’ll Love Working at TCA:
The Cyphers Agency happens to be home to the coolest folks you’ll ever have the pleasure of working with. No, really. Work is so fun you’ll feel like you’re getting away with something.
Everyone wears lots of hats around here and that means you get to do great creative and strategic work in a bunch of different ways, and you get to work with team members in every department. All our team members do lots of heavy lifting when it comes to developing brand messaging, social media, strategizing integrated marketing plans, brainstorming wild and crazy campaigns – all to create great advertising.
Our views on work/life balance: we work hard and we play hard. You’ll be expected to kick ass in the office, but we want you to have a life outside of work and we want you to enjoy it! You’ll read this in almost every job description but we’re one of the few agencies who actually practice what we preach.
With the diverse variety of clients we have, there’s never a dull moment, and no two days are the same. And no matter what you’re into, we probably have a client that will suit your fancy… within reason.
If this speaks to you, send your resume, cover letter, and salary range requirements (resumes without salary ranges WILL NOT be accepted) to email@example.com.