Company Name: Ainsley Agency
Job Description: (Mid – Senior Level)
Ainsley & Co. is looking for a talented WordPress theme developer to work with our design team to collaborate, concept, learn and create. You will work with our development team to produce custom WordPress based websites and landing pages.
The developer should have experience building themes using a starter such as Sage, _s, Bones, etc. (We use Sage).
Workflow for a typical project is as follows.
- Receive & review comps from design department.
- Prepare assets from design file.
- Set up local development environment.
- Set up the base starter theme.
- Set up version control.
- Set up staging server.
- Sync database & files from development to staging server.
- Build the project following the provided design comps, pushing database changes to staging and code to version control regularly.
- Coordinate with the assigned designer & project coordinator to implement changes as needed.
- Deploy the completed site to the production server, maintaining the integrity of the code base as required, over time.
Nice To Have Skills
- Familiarity with Sage starter theme (We use Sage for all projects)
- Familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap
- Familiarity with Composer, NPM, Bower, Yeoman, and similar tools
- Familiarity with the Customizer & Widgets API’s
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- We use Advanced Custom Fields Pro & Gravity Forms on nearly every project, so familiarity with those (especially ACF) is a plus.
- Flexibility, passion for the craft, and willingness to share knowledge
- Eye for detail, familiarity with industry web standards and good time-management abilities
- Strong organization and communication skills, ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high attention to detail
- When you aren’t sure about something you are okay with saying “I don’t know, but I’ll look into it and get back to you.”
What We Offer
- Company-issued Macbook Pro
- An enthusiastic team eager to help you grow
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Retirement plan options with company match
- Flexible work environment
- Fun, open office environment in Baltimore’s Harbor East neighborhood
How To Apply
Smart, passionate applicants with a great sense of humor, entrepreneurial drive and desire to work in fast-paced, small team environment are encouraged to do the following:
- Use the form below to send us a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
- Include links to some work you’ve done; Sample portfolio URL’s are great but we’d also like to check out your GitHub, CodePen, etc.
- Take a few words to tell us about your typical project workflow and the tools that you use to do your job. We don’t expect that your workflow is exactly like ours or that you use the same tools that we use.
- If you’re doing any other cool stuff, please be sure to let us know. Dabbling in Python on the side? Working on a cool Electron project? Learning React? Getting into Laravel? We’d love to hear what kind of things your interested in and working on.
- Finally, be sure to include a convenient time to contact you via phone or email.
Ainsley & Co. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- All aspects of the WordPress administrative interface (Drupal, Magento, and any others a plus)
- Version control systems. (Git)
- Terminal/command line
- CSS preprocessors. (Scss preferred)
- Local development (Vagrant / VVV )
- Task runners (Gulp, Grunt, etc.)
- Ability to extract and prepare assets from an Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop document
- Ability to convert designs from Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator into fully functioning WordPress based websites
- Ability to move a WordPress website from one server to another
- Web based server administration software (cPanel, Plesk, etc.)
- Ability to trouble shoot & maintain legacy sites
- 10 or more website builds or 2-6 years experience in the development field.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Higher learning experience & community involvement ( College, TreeHouse, Lynda, Seminars, Conferences, Meetups, Volunteering & Contributions, etc.) are also a plus.